April Makeup Capsule Collection

Welcome to April's makeup mess! These are products that I've been using for the whole month. I swear the products started off much cleaner, until I hit pan for the Artclass by Rodin contour palette and the powders crumbled over the rest of the products. Still, the feeling of finishing a product is so satisfying <3 


Face




Bases

Sephora Collection
April was the month where I gave up on trying to foundation match my (much lighter) face to my neck, and did it the other way around instead. I went to Sephora to be colour matched and wore the foundation for the rest of the night (~6 hours). By itself, it was feather light, adhered to the skin well and set quickly. Despite its hydrating claim, it emphasised my smiles lines within the hour, and the edges of my face seemed too orange. The BCDation BB serum stopped the Sephora foundation from immediate oxidisation, and added the much needed hydration to reduce the appearance of my smile lines.

NYX Cosmetics

As the moisture levels of my eye area improves, so does my regard for this corrector. Yeah it's still drying, but it does noticeably reduce the appearance of my dark circles, decrease the amount of concealer I need and makes it look more natural because there's slightly less creasing.

Nars

I love the look of this as a foundation - its creaminess smoothes over fine lines and gives my skin a slight glow. It offers a solid medium coverage for my undereyes too.

Yadah Cosmetics

I've been trying to use this as much as I can before its expiry in a month. It's pink toned and moisturising so I tried to use it for my undereyes. Unfortunately it wears away quickly under different weather conditions. Don't try to cry in this, it will become splotchy and under warmer conditions it becomes oily and rubs off.

Swatches - unblended

Somewhat blended swatches
Contouring

Artclass by Rodin 
Too Cool For School

I love using this to contour my nose and eyes. If I prime my eyes, this is one of only two products that have ever stayed on my eyes for more than 12 hours without creasing or becoming oily. It has 3 desaturated, matte shades and the lightest one I sometimes use to set my undereyes, otherwise I'll often mix the lightest and middle shades to contour my nose, then swirl a fluffy powder brush in all 3 shades to chisel the sides of my jaw. My only issue is the powder seems splotchy when I try to contour my jaw, but I'm not sure if that's entirely due to the powder, or if it's the fault of my brush and/or technique. Still, I will totally repurchase this because it's a great multipurpose, daily use product..right after I finish trying the other 5 different contour palettes I'm curious about. It's so easy to cheat on K-Beauty products XD

I'm Meme

I can't be bothered dealing with the glitters from the highlighter and I've neglected it most days. I'm enjoying the contour though. It's probably too warm if you have really pale skin but on my light-medium skin tone it blends out fine.

Eyes


Too Faced

It smoothes the surface of my lids, but it's not as good as the UD primer. When I tried it with my Moonshot Jelly Pots it creased very quickly, even faster than when I wear the jelly pots alone. Thank you Mecca Beauty Loop boxes for letting me know what not to invest in.

Baby Face Mellow Stick Eyeshadow - 5
It's Skin

Despite being a cream shadow it's difficult to blend and pretty much doesn't budge for the day. What's more impressive is when I was removing the swatches with a makeup wipe, the damn thing was stubborn af and wouldn't budge but it slips right off using a gel based cleanser. If anyone knows where I can get more of these, please let me know :3

I'm Eyeliner - #EL02 Matte Brown
I'm Meme

The formula and pigmentation is just like Marc Jacobs highliners and personally I can't stand either of them. They're creamy and swatch bold and beautifully, but I can't line my eyes without them spilling over onto my undereyes and smudging. I love that it comes with a brush to soften the look or create a soft cat eye though.

Heroine Make

Great colour that fades quickly oh poo. On the bright side, it has never smudged onto my undereyes and generally stays put as long as I don't try to wing it out. The search continues for my HG eyeliner.

Swatches
Skinny Waterproof Microcara - Black (unpictured)
Innisfree

I dunno if it's just my mascara or not, but this one smells pretty bad to me, almost as if it were rotten. It hasn't been 6 months since I opened it and the smell lingers after application. The thin wand helps with lengthening each and every lash, even the shorter inner ones, but it isn't waterproof and smudges.

Missha

A cheap mascara I bought on a whim. It's a natural looking formula but it smudges slightly throughout the day, especially around the outer corner of my eyes.

Etude House

I think this was my first K-Beauty eyebrow pencil. The formula is quite soft and I've accidentally snapped it thrice. It blends easily but appears patchy if I go through with the spoolie too many times. I suck at doing brows, so I prefer the brow products with thin applications for precision.

Long Take Browcara - 04 Bold Brown
Ssinstealer x UNPR

This contains glitter in it idk wtf is going on? Otherwise I like the shape of the brush which helps with distributing the product more evenly, and my brow hairs don't feel crusty after usage either.


Lips

Sephora Collection

I enjoy this formulation. It's glides over the dry patches and distributes an even layer of glossy, sweet pink so I don't look as dead as I feel. The longer I've had it the more the oil has slowwwly separates it from the pigment, but the motion of removing and replacing the applicator seems to redistributes the formula, so no harm done.


I have really pale lips, so this is the balm for when I want to look alive and temporarily bloodthirsty, but have to accept that my lipstick application skills aren't up to par yet. It smoothes over my dry lips, but isn't highly moisturising, Lipstick queen pls come out with a tinted balm with spf

Woohoo that's the end of another capsule collection! I'm more freaking glad that I managed to publish this post on the last day of April, meaning I'm somehow still on track with my 2017 resolution. Do I feel like my communication skills have gotten better? Hardly, but ima let you be the judge of that. How am I doing, and what would you like to see more of around here? I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback <3

Until next time,

Vivien

Comments