April Empties

It's been over 3 weeks since my last post and when I asked myself why I hadn't blogged during that time, I told myself I had content to study for and a practical exam to pass. Now that that's over I look back and wonder what part of that period was supposed to be difficult. Is that moving on or is that putting a filter on the past?


After enjoying the A'Pieu Daily Sun Cream so much I wanted to give their other products a try. The sun gel had a distinct citrus scent, was very light, cooling and for the most part, absorbed quickly. Towards the end of the bottle it became very oily and even shaking it didn't help with the greasiness. Perhaps it was separating in the bottle the whole time and I should have been mixing the contents during each use.

This is a slightly viscous, transparent liquid with no scent. It absorbed quickly into my dry skin but on slightly damp skin, the essence suddenly has a lot more slip, begins to foam up and sits on top of the skin for longer before it is absorbed. I've seen an improvement in my undereyes since using this - it's reduced my dark circles and slightly evened out my skintone. When I bleached my hair, the hairdresser burnt my neck but this esssence helped to calm, soothe and repair the damaged area. Unfortunately it didn't do much for the uneven tan on my neck, but I wouldn't mind repurchasing this for its other positive effects.

These are hands down my favourite lip balms. I've tried their Earl Grey, Cinammon, Chai and Almond varieties and each of them smell delicious, and not artificially scented. They're also the only lip balms to really feel like they are hydrating my lips, and not just conditioning them. The only one I didn't like was their Vanilla Moon balm because it wasn't as soft as the other flavours and didn't melt as smoothly during application, It was also the only variety to have the issue of slipping off the applicator after winding it up to the top.

Psst. Use code 'HEN3679' for 5% off your order at IHerb.com. If you use this discount I also get 5% so I can continue fuelling my healthy obsession with these lipbalms c:

Before Hurraw, these were my old favourites. The lemon scent is very refreshing and the SPF15 was a massive plus. It does have a tingly feeling from the menthol so beware if you react badly to it.

Don't you hate it when a product works really well with initial use, and then its effect tapers off so quickly you don't know if it's worth trying to make it work anymore? When I cut my ear a while back I thought using this in conjunction with another snail product really helped with helping it heal faster, but the effect diminished to being another light moisturiser. Bummer. 

Don't ever buy this in winter because it's too difficult shaking this out of the bottle. Eventually I relegated it to a cooling body cream because the warmth of a hot shower warmed it up enough to dispense. There were initial moisturising effects, but it didn't have any noticeable, long term effects on my arms and legs.

Strangely enough I could only use this with Q-Tips to cleanse residual eye makeup. On a cotton pad, it irritated my skin enough that my cheeks became visibly red. I tried adding more product to the pad in case it was the friction that was adding fuel to the fire, but seeing as other products haven't caused this issue before, this is a micellar water I'll never repurchase.

Unpretty Rapstar Master Cleansing Balm (purchased in Korea)
It functions much like the Banila Co - both are exceptionally good at removing makeup and realistically don't even need a second cleanser to remove any residuals. The only, small, differences are the UNPR balm smells helluva worse, like baby powder, has a slightly higher melting point and although I've been eyeballing it, I seem to need a bit more of this product to achieve the same effect as the Banila Co.

Out with the old and in with the new. I hope doing more empties posts will remind me to keep moving in times when I become stagnant.

Until next time,

Vivien | IG @vistillhere


Comments