BLACKPINK Moonshot Face Perfection Balm Cushion


This review has been sitting for ages in my draft queue, I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to upload it, but I've only just been able to get a bit of time to write this considering it's exam period. Forgive me dear reader :P

Claims
This is a balm foundation cushion that melts into the skin. It's supposed to provide high coverage, moisture and a glowy skin finish. The netting helps provide light and even product distribution.



Moonshot recently revamped their global website and their English version of the site is currently Error 404-ing me so this was the best I could do for ingredients. Credits to the person who submitted this at CosDna!






Shades, Coverage & Finish

3 shades are available. Shade 101 and 201 are lighter, cooler shades. I bought shade 301, the darkest, and warm shade.The cushion provides light-medium coverage that is buildable to a medium. The finish is extremely glowy and moisturising.

Experience
There's 3 generations of cushion. First gen is the humble sponge puff, second gen is the mochi puff and 3rd gen is the netted cushion. Moonshot started with gen 1 (see the GD & Dara cushions) then skipped straight to gen 3. The netting supposedly offers even application by distributing the product evenly across the sponge, as opposed to the other cushion types where you're often left dabbing the very edges to finish off the product. I've noticed that random pieces of fluff catch onto the netting easily, but that probably happens with sponge cushion foundations too, only the perforations make it more difficult to see the stuff on top.

The glow this offers is crazy and it is very moisturising. Inevitably, the dewiness means this transfers a lot onto my clothes and it's a nightmare to clean off my white tees and collared shirts. Despite this there's always a bit of product left on my face and I don't completely lose out on the coverage.
Barefaced, tired and struggling. Also I didn't notice how much weight I was putting on until I took this photo. D:

With 2-3 layers of the cushion.

The coverage can be built up to a medium - it still lets my sun spots shine through - but still covers up much of the redness in my cheeks. I've enjoyed using this during the winter because I feel like it keeps my skin relatively moisturised since the wind strips away the moisture of the cushion rather than the moisture in my skin. It's also more forgiving on fine lines - I've got a persistent smile line that I'm trying to reduce, but with this cushion it doesn't emphasise it, nor does it sink heavily into the line and crease terribly. However I can't say the same for my undereye lines. Just 2 hours after application I can already notice it caking around my undereyes. It's not a great look, even if I try to set it with powder so I make sure to use a separate concealer there instead.

I've noticed that this doesn't play well with other makeup products too, probably because it's so moisturising. For one special occasion I was using this cushion and added a primer underneath. Not only did it cake horrendously but the foundation kept flaking off too and I couldn't build up the coverage. Using a liquid highlighter will immediately unsettle the cushion foundation and it ends up being a blotchy mess.

Now there's a chance I like this better than the non-cushion FPB since I'm so hopelessly and irrevocably in love with cushions. If you've read my GD cushion review you'll know that the Moonshot cushion puffs are my favourite as well because even though they're not the thickest, densest puffs, they don't do that weird thing when you wash them and the sponge separates from the plastic puff side AND the band is elastic so you can control the puff super easily without accidentally flicking it out of your hands (I've done it plenty of times with other puffs, but not this one cuz it got my back). Unfortunately they're also quite difficult to wash, but you gotta work hard for the good stuff right?

If you're young/aren't concerned about fine lines and you have normal-dry skin, I'd say this cushion is worth a try. Oily skin types will definitely need to set this. If you've tried this cushion yourself, share your thoughts about it in the comments below :)

Where to Buy


Until next time, 

Comments