January Masks Round Up

One of my 2017 resolutions is to blog twice a month and really up my communication skills. The first post of the year is a round up of some masks I've gone through, which I'll be doing regularly because I bought over a year's worth of masks and I don't intend on letting any of them go to waste.

A ' P I E U
chocolate milk mask



The packaging is adorable but annoying. There's the outer milk carton packaging, and then an extra plastic bag within in, that the mask is kept in. Tearing along the perforated line separated the packets from each other and I'd be awkwardly fumbling around for the leftover essence. The smell was horrendous too - it's cheap and artificial and reminded me of a weird mixture of flavoured medicine coupled with overripe mango. But the fit was great - the sheet was thin and adhered well to the skin without any slippage for 40 minutes. My skin definitely looked better afterwards and was firmer from the moisture, but the smell was too off putting for me to try again. 

J E J U    M A R I N E
honey 3d mask sheet





The 3D label had me stumped, until I opened it up and realised it meant there were more slits to adjust the mask for your face. Now there's 35ml of essence in this packet and the mask was so drenched that it was difficult to unfold the mask, not to mention that as soon as I undid I fold a burst of essence shot forth and sat wastefully on my carpet :/ There was enough leftover essence in the packet to soak up 2.5 cotton pads (the average mask I've tried this trick with soaks up 1-1.5 pads).

The chin flap is long enough that it folds underneath the chin and envelops part of the neck - yet this flap constantly fell off, so I'd advise lying down for this one. The smell is a faint 'marine' one, similar to the Scinic AIO Ampoule. It was very cool despite not being refrigerated and lasted 40 minutes, drying down to a tacky finish. Now how do I explain the effects? It wasn't brightening but my face looked more...vibrant. Invigorated. Healthy, and my skin was so soft.


T H E    S A E M
pure natural snail



Fits really well other than the nose, which is too short and tapers off into a thinner shape rather than outwards. The mask is comfortable and thin, but dries very quickly and sticky. By 20 minutes the majority of the mask was dry and the effects were negligible.

T O S O W O O N G
propolis mask



I got this from a trade with a friend who's also a K-Beauty fan. My experience with it was a bit of a roller coaster. The honey smell is wonderful, but the sheet mask is thick and heavy, and doesn't cling as nicely to the skin. But it lasts at least 30 minutes, and the effects are surprising - it's deeply hydrating and has impressive plumping effects, plus some slight brightening.

S K I N F O O D 
sodium hyaluronate mask



This is a two step mask. The first step holds the ampoule which is viscous and runny. It absorbs very quickly into the skin and has a faint sterile smell to it. The instructions advise to place the mask on (step 2) before the ampoule is completely dry. The mask itself smells fruity and is good for 30 minutes. My skin was hydrated afterwards, but was left feeling tacky and somewhat sticky.

That's it for the first mask round up of 2017. Let's chat more in a couple of weeks!

Comments